Reflections

Reflections
Waiting for Ripples

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Foundations . . . . . . and waiting

I have been waiting on the concrete guy for my foundation for the last month.  I had been hoping to have my foundation for my birthday.  But no dice.  So now am waiting . . .  and waiting . . . and waiting.  It is finally getting poured tomorrow!  At least the footings are starting and then walls on Friday is the plan.  Decking around the floors etc. start on Monday.  So now I think the pace is going to considerably pick up.  Especially as I am supposed to be in there for Thanksgiving dinner the pace must pick up.  I think this will be an interesting process.  Will see how it goes!  One thing surprised us was the amount of dirt making a huge pile that came out of the hole.  Now what do we do with it?  So I guess it is added to the "to-do" list.  Now we need to find where to put a bunch of dirt.  We were also quite thrilled as we did not find any large car size boulders in the spot we wanted to put our house.  As there are a bunch up on the hill it was a distinct possibility.  I guess waiting is not a bad thing and things that you get as soon as you want them are usually not as satisfying as the things you wait for and work on and build and dream about.  So we are excited to finally be starting this process!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It looks so different already! I MUST come see it soon or I won't recognize the site!!!

    ReplyDelete