Reflections

Reflections
Waiting for Ripples

Monday, February 3, 2014

When in the Caribbean....


We have been having a wonderful trip so far.  Have very much enjoyed the getting warm.  Especially  
when I learned this morning that it snowed 3 inches last night at home. . . . As we are in the Caribbean I appropriately got a little sunshine . . . it is already brown.  . . . It did look VERY red for about a day though.  Our room steward was teasing me though when he saw my tan line that I looked like his country flag with my white feet and red shoulders.   

When I had very long hair, I always thought it would be fun to get my hair put in cornrows or braids with beads.  I never did.  Too much hair.  Would have taken more patience and time than I was willing to give.  But Mom and I went and got the top parts of our hair braided.  I guess when in the Caribbean….  We have gotten SO many comments on it.  From all colors of people.  On and off the boat.  Has been pretty funny.  Not sure what my beautician will say when we have to take them out, but it was certainly fun. 

While we are very much enjoying a vacation, life back to “normal” is sounding appealing.  While having no schedule is nice and enjoyable, I am missing having a check off list.  Talked to friends today who life is hitting their fan and it is hard.  Sometimes life throws those curve balls.  I have gotten hit with a lot of them in the last few years and I know they hurt.  I have been very grateful that my soul is anchored deep.  I have thought that I was drifting loose a few times and that my ropes had been cut, but always even in some big storms there was an anchor holding me.  People are going to fail me.  Friends will too.  But I know my soul is anchored firmly and there is always that hope.  It can always be well with my soul even when life is hitting my fan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment