Reflections

Reflections
Waiting for Ripples

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Remodeling....

I loved the process of building our home.  The fun memories. The early mornings and late nights.  The chop saw in the living room.  The old and new friendships forged.  Beautiful trim work.  A puzzle of putting cabinets in working to make the kitchen perfect.  All the many pieces put together to make a beautiful home.
Now, much sooner than I ever thought and in a way that I never planned for, I am remodeling my home.  I built a house with a guest room, a school room and an office upstairs and a master, kid room and family room downstairs in the walk out basement.  No extra bedroom that could easily be made into a nursery.  So I have had a fun and interesting time playing with my house.  I needed to combine some rooms.  So I moved my couch and TV family room up to combine with the guest room upstairs.  Crispin came over one day and built (I elfed) a murphy bed cabinet in the guest room so that now this room does double duty.  I have a comfortable Queen bed for a guest bed when our many guests are here, but I have a great family room for the rest of the time.  Downstairs, with a friend I put together a bunch of the cube type shelving units and built a wall.  We backed it with tongue in groove cedar boards creating a new room.  Very cute.  Very functional.  Provides storage space as well as a dresser for those many items that babies need and use!  I set up the crib. The changing table.  I think I am about as ready as I can get.  I even packed a diaper bag and a bag to go to the hospital with me.  Hoping we don't have to grab and go with it though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment