Reflections

Reflections
Waiting for Ripples

Saturday, January 28, 2012

House Plans

We got to meet yesterday with our builder.  His company is working to get a name in the area as builders and they have built Beautiful and Efficient homes all over the country. It has been fun working together to get this project going.  But it is so slow!  The process that I think should take not too long will take a week.  And there are so many hoops to jump through.  We designed and built a couple of houses in Mongolia.  There was no inspections of anything from septic to electric.  No one cared what you were doing as long as your house worked for you that was good with them.  We designed the plans in Microsoft Excel and went on our way with building.  Here there is first, second, third drafts, then stamped plans have to be approved.  Everybody and their brother needs to have a permit for whatever they are doing.  It is quite a process.  Making sure those ducks are all in a row!  It is going to be an adventure.  It is exciting and I am getting excited to get started though!  I think we are getting down to the final stages of plans though and so that is fun.  In some ways it is nice that it is going slower as if it was at full speed I don't know if I could keep up.  My brain cylinders are not quite running on full juice these days. 

Update on my Dad.  He is home.  Doing better.  His and Mom's best friends are coming down for a visit this coming week.  So that should be fun and good for all.  I called and chatted with them today to say Hi and share how life was going for all of us.  Dad sounds much MUCH better than he did at Christmas as he is off most of his Meds that were making him loopy.  My Mom sounds tired and I wonder when I will be heading south.  My suitcase is still packed.  I kind of feel like I am living half ready to leave all the time.  Fortunately school travels well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment