Reflections

Reflections
Waiting for Ripples

Monday, January 9, 2012

Interesting Christmas etc.

So life is interesting!  I never did get a Christmas newsletter sent out.  I who used to send one out just about every month, from Mongolia! with not too many failures, haven't sent one for quite a bit.  Seems my brain is only firing on a few cylinders.  I guess I better write one!  Sorry!

Christmas was fun.  It was in Reno, NV with all family, even my youngest brother who lives in Tenn.  So that was fun.  We had a girls day out and a boys day out.  The boys went to Cabelas, and UNR and the Reno Planetarium - very cool place!  Girls went out for lunch and some shopping at the book store and Old Navy.  We had a wonderful Christmas despite everything.  No business discussions, but lots of how can we help, who needs what, and lots of "I love You!'s" were said!

Cancer land is an interesting place though.  It affects all who are involved to some extent.  Even though we are not there directly helping my Dad get to the hospital every day and dealing with the ins and outs of doctor appointments it is definitely directly involved in our lives every day.  I have a suitcase packed in my closet ready to go to help my Mom at the drop of a hat.  I am not booking myself for much of anything on a more than day to day basis.  I who love to plan about 5 years out and 5 months out  and 5 weeks out am having a hard time planning anything hard and fast that is more than 5 days out.  Cancer really puts a damper on much planning as everything is so uncertain.  This week is the last full week of treatments though he goes through Wednesday of next week due to some skipped days during the holidays.  Dad has been doing OK, but boy Drugs are nasty things.  They make you think and do things that are weird!  I know they are supposed to be helping, but they sure do their own damage.  Dad has gotten much weaker - using a walker now - and the other day got up to go without the walker - well gee he hasn't needed one for 66+ years!  And fell and broke his shoulder.  This adds further complications, but so far seems to be OK.  Surgery is tomorrow, so I guess I will see if I use that packed suitcase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment