Reflections

Reflections
Waiting for Ripples

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Musings

So I have decided that meetings for funerals are no fun at all. Even though and partly because my Dad lived such a full and good life it has been so hard to be a part of these plans. I haven't even been in on much of the planning and prep as I was working on other things family this week, but my heart has been involved and it has been hard. Everyone is still in shock. Grieving. Wondering. Thinking. Sad. Happy for Dad. Wondering what to do next and what will happen next. I half expect half the time for Dad to come walking into the room or even more to call me. I took his cell phone out of my speed dial the other day that sure had a feeling of finality to it. I feel like there is a jagged hole in our fabric of our family. Dad aaapparently said he wanted to be buried under a pile of rocks - appropriately and so Mom brought a bunch of rocks up from Nevada. These are rocks collected from all over the globe and only a sampling of the collection we are sure to find in the garage. Some were labeled with dates, names, places and trips others just blank. Spots and memories of a life lived well. We will throw some on top of the casket.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this just breaks my heart. I guess speed dial to heaven and Jesus' ear is faster than a cell phone, but still not the same at all. Psalm 56:8. We are praying for you all. Dwight and Melissa

    ReplyDelete