Reflections

Reflections
Waiting for Ripples

Monday, April 9, 2012

Treasures in Bend

We came over to see family for Easter.  So hard.  But good.  So very blessed to have a family who are all close and who are sticking together for this project.  We are all so blessed that Dad has not really been in pain during this whole ordeal.  Apparently some people with this are in terrible pain or totally medicated to keep the pain at bay.  Thank you so much to all of you who have been praying for us!  Just today he has had pain and that is SO hard to watch. 
Dad and I in Mongolia last fall - 2011
I think as a family we are all coping better than we were last weekend.  More rest!  But it is hard to think through all the ramifications.  Even today I was picking out pictures of my Dad during  all of our lives and realized the many blessings that we were given so freely and with so much love.  Not that he was perfect - but are any of us!  We have been so many places, seen so many things and been so blessed by so many places.  We were able to go to so many places.  Dad and Mom have always been our cheerleaders and encourager and helpers.  We are realizing that we are going to be making a huge deposit into our heavenly bank account soon and that is hard to imagine.  But We are supposed to store our treasure there, so we are.  But i guess Dad is really getting a wonderful promotion.  I know he is.  Just a hard deposit to make.  I am realizing we are really such selfish people.  I also think I am much to young for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment