Reflections

Reflections
Waiting for Ripples

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Waiting for the call

I got a phone all early yesterday morning that I am sure will alter my life in ways I do not even know of yet.  My Dad, who has always been my cheerleader, helper, friend, confidant, encourager, supporter, . . . .etc. has passed away.  I know I knew it would happen but still.  I feel like I was waiting for that phone call. 

So at breakfast we wondered through our tears, if when someone gets to heaven if there is a PA system call go out.  "Don Decker, Elko, NV, is arriving at pearly gate #2 in 5 minutes, as many of you here know him, please be on hand to greet him."  While there is nothing in the Bible about that, it was an interesting discussion point.  Lots of love there and lots of people Dad loved who were I am sure on hand to greet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment